Collection of Personal Information from Members and Applicants
BFC may collect "Personal Information" provided by an applicant or member in application forms, membership renewal forms, registration forms, and surveys (including but not limited to, name, preferred and secondary address, e-mail, phone numbers, employer, and other personal profile data).
Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
BFC may collect and/or track Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from site users. BFC may collect and/or track Personal Information that is personally identifiable information, such as:
- 1. The e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with BFC or the Site via e-mail and
- 2. Information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, and surveys (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data).
BFC may collect and/or track Non-Personal Information (i.e., information of an anonymous nature), such as:
- 1. The home server domain names, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type and/or version of Web browser and/or operating system of visitors to the Site and
- 2. Aggregate information regarding page views.
BFC may place Internet cookies on visitors' hard drives and collect cookies on our website. BFC uses Internet cookies to capture information about page visits, including data about the visitor's name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. BFC uses this information to deliver the most effective content to our visitors. Information from the cookies isused to gauge page popularity, analyze traffic patterns on the Site, and guide development of other improvements to the Site. BFC does not require that you accept cookies, but some functionality on the Site, our product or service check-out process, and products and services may be disabled if you decline to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also change your cookie settings through preferences options in our products and/or services, where applicable.
BFC uses analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to the Site. Site visitors may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page, or they may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions.
When a visitor performs a search within the Site, BFC may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. BFC may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the visitor and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
Use of Personal Information Collected
BFC may use Personal Information in a number of ways, such as:
- To communicate with you about your account or to communicate information about BFC (including the Site). We will also occasionally send important notices or information.
- To provide you with goods, services, or information you have requested from BFC (including your use of the Site). BFC may from time to time use your personal data to contact you about changes, enhancements, or other similar notices related to BFC goods or services.
- To build higher-quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing demographic or usage trends and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of BFC (including the Site).
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of BFC (including the Site), such as account maintenance and record-keeping, troubleshooting problems, resolving disputes, and enforcing our Terms and Conditions.
- To inform you of BFC activities, such as meetings, conferences, seminars, and other educational offerings.
- To inform you about services and programs related to BFC and/or offered by contracted Business Partners.
- To conduct member surveys requested by BFC's manager.
- To conduct surveys on behalf of individual members performing scholarly research.
- To protect or defend a legal interest if BFC has reasonable grounds to believe that the personal data would be useful when investigating a contravention of federal, state, local, provincial or foreign law.
Disclosure of Personal Information Collected
BFC will not sell a member's Personal Information to anyone. BFC may disclose Personal Information about you to third parties as follows:
- Upon your request or authorization.
- To local chapters and regional councils to facilitate their operations and educational programs (as set forth in Paragraph 3, above).
- To facilitate a transaction or communication with a third party that you have initiated. For example, when you e-mail an organization with which you may be interested.
- To certain Alliance Partners for campaigns that are consistent with BFC's purposes and the purposes of the Alliance Partnership and have probable benefit or interest to members. (For example, BFC may share names and phone numbers for selected members for calling campaign to increase participation in the MBNA credit card program.) In such cases, the information shared will be limited to name and phone number, will be for a single campaign, and will exclude any member living in a location where such sharing of Personal Information is prohibited, unless the member has opted-in to such information sharing as required by local laws.
- To certain Alliance Partners for campaigns that are consistent with BFC's purposes and the purposes of the Alliance Partnership and have probable benefit or interest to members. (For example, BFC may share names and addresses for selected members for a direct mail campaign to increase participation in the life insurance program.) In such cases, the information shared will be limited to names and addresses, will be for a single campaign, and will exclude any member living in a location where such sharing of Personal Information is prohibited, unless member has opted-in to such information sharing as required by local laws.
- BFC may, from time to time, rent member names and addresses for use by third parties. The intended use must be consistent with BFC's purposes and have probable benefit or interest to members. (For example, BFC may rent a portion of its mailing list for promotion of a seminar directed at management accountants.) In such cases, the rental will be for a one-time use, the list will be released only to an approved fulfillment house for the party renting the list, names and addresses will not be released to the party renting the list, the number and selection criteria will be approved by BFC, and will exclude any member living in a location where such sharing of Personal Information is prohibited, unless the member has opted-in to such information sharing as required by local laws.
- To BFC's agents and advisors (such as our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the Personal Information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us and only under strict confidentiality restrictions.
- As BFC believes necessary to: (a) comply with law (including court and government orders and civil subpoenas); (b) enforce or apply BFC's Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of BFC, our users, or others.
- If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose Personal Information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- In aggregated form (i.e., information about multiple individuals collectively without identifying any individual), such as the total number of visitors to a particular section in a given week or the number of certified members in a region.
- paragraph: BFC shall only share information in countries where an opt-in election is required and if members in such countries have opted-in to such information sharing as required by local laws.
Collection of Personal Data from Children
To the extent that BFC is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with, BFC, BFC will not knowingly:
- 1. Collect or post information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age ("Children" or "Child") without their parent's or guardian's consent or
- 2. Provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
Third-Party Web Sites
Members may opt-out of having their Personal Information collected by BFC, used by BFC for secondary purposes, or used by BFC to send any correspondence to the member, by contacting BFC as indicated below.
In some countries, members must opt-in before their Personal Information can be shared with third parties. In certain circumstances, BFC will require that members opt-in before they can participate in certain activities.
Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone (during regular business hours), BFC will provide members a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by BFC regarding the member. A member may modify, correct, change, or update personally identifiable information that BFC has collected by contacting BFC as indicated below.
Unsubscribing to BFC E-mails
If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
BFC (Business and Finance Club)
8th Floor Al Saroulla Bldg.
Hamra main street, Beirut
Phone: (+961) 1 750763